Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is Buzzaby’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that fully comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify Buzzaby’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Buuzaby to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Please contact the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement for Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
Once proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the designated agent we will remove or disable access to the infringing material and notify the content provider, member or user that we have removed or disabled access to the material. Buzzaby has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Buzzaby may also at its sole discretion limit access to the service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Buzzaby that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Buzzaby’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
Last Edited on 2017-08-30